Looking for Lakeland Homes? You’ve Come to the Right Place
If you’re looking for Lakeland homes, let us be among the first to tell you you’re making a great decision! Bonnyville, St. Paul, and the surrounding area is an incredible place to live, work, and raise a family. We would know. Our family has been here for decades.
You’re not alone in being attracted to the Lakeland region. This place is rich in culture, history, community, opportunity, and nature. See why so many people are eager to call it home—and how we can help make a home in the Lakeland a reality for you. We would love to welcome you to the area.
The Great Outdoors
The Lakeland is known for the outdoors and a variety of activities for people who love nature. Imagine spending your free time with your friends and family having outdoor adventures like these:
- Parks: From well-kept town parks to incredible regional and national parks, you can enjoy a few hours or an entire weekend outdoors.
- Birds and Other Wildlife: Elk Island National Park is the eighth best spot in the world for animal watching. The area is home to 75 percent of Alberta’s bird species, including the beautiful and endangered trumpeter swan, and it’s only about an hour and a half drive from St. Paul.
- Hiking: There are countless hiking and cycling trails, but Alberta’s Iron Horse Trail is a must. Those 300+ kilometres could keep you busy for a long time, and you’ll want to return again and again: on foot or by horse, ATV, snowmobile, or bicycle!
- Cross-Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, Ice Fishing, and Snowmobiling: Winter brings a whole new set of outdoor opportunities. This truly is a place you can enjoy year-round.
- Northern Lights: The Lakeland boasts one of Alberta’s few Dark Sky Preserves, where artificial light won’t interfere with your viewing of the Aurora Borealis. People travel hundreds and thousands of kilometres to view the Northern Lights, and you have them right in your backyard.
History and Culture
Living in the Lakeland isn’t all about camping and hiking. There’s a rich history here that is fascinating to explore: Indigenous, French, Ukrainian, and other influences have combined to give the area a unique flavour and appeal. The Métis Cultural Centre, Bonnyville & District Museum, and the Cold Lake Museum, among others, give you the opportunity to learn more about the unique cultural heritage we’re a part of here.
Bonnyville and St. Paul are home to a variety of arts and cultural organizations. From the Bonnyville French Dancing Club to the Aurora Visual Arts Association, there are ample opportunities to watch or participate in creative arts. When you want the city experience, Edmonton is only a couple of hours away.
A Better Way of Life
We’re always told to slow down and enjoy life, and the Lakeland provides the setting you need to do that. Small, close-knit communities allow you to truly know your neighbours and participate in each other’s lives as much or as little as you want. You have several high-quality schools to choose from, including those offering French immersion programs, apprentice programs, and more.
Country clubs, golf courses, community centres, and sporting facilities keep the whole family busy with the activities they most enjoy. Local farmers’ markets give you access to fresh, locally-grown produce and a variety of handmade items. Regular events and festivals keep your calendar full all year long. (Don’t miss the Glendon Pyrogy Festival, where you can taste some of the best Ukrainian food and test your skills in a pyrogy eating contest!) And when you need some time to yourself, you can retreat to your beautiful new home or take a quiet walk by yourself along the shore of any number of area lakes.
There’s a reason our family has chosen to call this area home for so many years, and it’s because we simply can’t imagine a better life anywhere else.
Lakeside Homes and More
The right setting is important, and St. Paul, Bonnyville, and the surrounding area has you covered there. Still, you’ll spend most of your time in your home, so the next big decision is choosing your Lakeland home! There are a variety of homes both large and small on the market right now for individuals, couples, and families, including homes by the lake as well as in town. Take a look at what some of these incredible homes have to offer:
- 5 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms by the Lake: This unique home sits on 1.15 acres and features cedar plank vaulted ceilings, quartz countertops, a fire pit, and an enormous deck. The beach is right across the street!
- 4-Bedroom Log Home: A true country home (with in-floor heat!), this beautiful house comes with two shops, more than 75 storage units, and RV parking.
- Move-In Ready 4-Bedroom St. Paul Home: A large backyard and a double heated garage are just two of the highlights of this bi-level home.
- 3-Bedroom Mobile Home with Large Addition at Vincent Lake: A lake view and 7.55 acres of low-maintenance land make this the perfect country home.
- Cozy Cabin-Like Home on Nearly Half an Acre Near Moose Lake: A tree-lined driveway takes you to the front door of this three-bedroom home, which was freshened up in 2014 with new windows, doors, siding, insulation, and more.
- First-Class Custom-Built Home on Moose Lake: This is some of the best beachfront living the area has to offer. This home is energy efficient and features hardwood floors, extensive decking, a wet bar, two fireplaces, incredible views from nearly every room in the house, and so much more. It’s a must-see for those who want a waterfront property.
We’re Here to Help
Let us introduce you to our Lakeland, the place we’ve called home for generations. We know the area—and the real estate market—inside and out. If you’re looking for a home in the Lakeland, don’t delay: start your search today. You can view our listings on our website.
The CENTURY 21 Poirier Real Estate team is here for you. We love connecting people with their ideal home and making the home-buying process as simple and enjoyable as possible for you. Contact us if you have any questions about Lakeland real estate or what it’s like to live in this incredible region.
- July 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- December 2021
- October 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018